Pure Organics CBD oil is a natural supplement with many benefits. Many of our customers find relief from complaints that include insomnia, pain, inflammation, and anxiety, but most often, it is taken as a holistic measure to promote overall wellness.
As our full-spectrum CBD oil is derived from hemp, it contains negligible amounts of THC and is non-psychoactive, meaning it will not alter the way you usually feel.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD stands for cannabinoid, a naturally-occurring compound found in all strains of cannabis. However, not all cannabis plants are the same. Hemp is grown all over the world and used for various purposes, including rope fiber and dietary supplements.
Marijuana, though it is of the same genetic family as hemp, contains varying degrees of THC, the substance that gets you “high.”
Cannabinoids are present both in hemp and in marijuana in much the same concentration. By extracting the CBD from hemp, we get all of the health benefits and none of the psychoactive elements, making it safe for just about anybody to take.
CBD extract is then packaged in various forms and concentrations. It is sometimes added to a carrier oil such as olive oil, coconut oil, or another type of food-grade MCT oil, which is the way you would purchase it from Pure Organics or your favorite supplier.
Taking CBD Oil
Ingesting CBD in oil form is the fastest and most efficient way to dose. We recommend holding the oil under the tongue for about 30 seconds before swallowing to achieve maximum benefits.
On its own, CBD extract has a mild, earthy, plant-y flavor, one that many of our customers find to be quite pleasant.
However, not everybody is crazy about the taste. Most of the time, we would say, “you’ll get used to it,” and many people do. But if your taste receptors are very sensitive or if you just can’t stand the idea of putting a CBD extract oil in your mouth, don’t worry – you’re not alone.
Masking the Taste of CBD Oil
If you want to start using CBD oil but you are concerned about the flavor, we’ve put together some information that will help you manage, even if you don’t like the taste of the oil extracts.
- Put it in a capsule. You can buy empty capsules at your local health food store. Open up a capsule, fill it with the desired dose of CBD, close up the capsule, and swallow with a glass of water, juice, or other liquid. The only caveat here is that the onset will not be quite as fast as it would be if taken without the capsule. In some cases, it might take up to 45 minutes to start feeling the effects. If you haven’t already purchased CBD Oil, you can save yourself the trouble by purchasing CBD Capsules instead.
- Put it in food or a smoothie. Adding your dose to a smoothie, soup, or whatever type of food you are eating is an easy way to mask the flavor. Since the taste of CBD is quite mild, the more you dilute it, the less you will notice it. When you mix it with citrus drinks such as grapefruit juice or orange juice you likely won’t notice the flavor at all. In a smoothie, throw in a handful of fresh mint or a couple of drops of mint essential oil.
- Put it in your coffee. Many of our customers swear by this method – and it makes good sense! You will generally want to have your CBD in the morning, so putting it in your coffee is a great way to start the day. The natural bitterness of the coffee and whatever you add to it as a sweetener/whitener will effectively mask the flavor of your CBD oil.
- Buy pre-flavored CBD oils. To support those customers who don’t enjoy the natural earthy-nutty flavor of CBD oil, we offer a citrus-flavored formulation that is immediately fresh-tasting and tangy. These flavored oils can still be added to your food, juice, or morning smoothie for an added kiss of sweet citrus.
- Brush your teeth just before you take the CBD oil. Right after you’ve brushed your teeth, it’s unlikely you will taste anything else! This is a great time to take your CBD oil as you won’t notice anything but the minty freshness of the toothpaste.
- Eat something sweet at the same time. If you have a sweet tooth, you probably don’t need much encouragement to indulge it. Alternate a bite of something sweet with your dose of CBD or mix it with a teaspoon of honey, maple, or agave syrup. Your taste buds will be so thrilled with the sweet treat they won’t have time to notice what else is in there!
In conclusion, just because you cannot stand the taste of CBD oil doesn’t mean you won’t be able to enjoy its benefits. Ingesting CBD in a different form is one option, but there are many strategies to help you enjoy all the benefits of CBD oil without worrying about the taste.